Jun 19, 2018
Lisa Lord is a dynamic and
inspirational speaker and executive coach who developed her point
of view initially as an executive in Human Resources working for
Fortune 500 corporations.
After decades of experience on the inside of corporations, Lisa
chose to launch a unique coaching and consulting service to share
her wisdom and help individuals advance their careers. She is
frequently engaged to help businesses re-humanize their employment
practices, remembering that people are more than just assets.
Lisa’s unique approach and passion helps individuals and leaders to
make a meaningful connection with one another.
Lisa has helped clients to address disconnects due to
generational differences, changes in employment practices, and a
lack of self-awareness. When individuals discover how to let
their strengths shine, amazing transitions occur.
Key quotes and takeaways from this awesome interview:
- "I've really learned to pay attention to what inspires
- "I'm the kind of person who was always comfortable making
- "As you're discovering what you do, you end up learning a lot
- After she left corporate life, Lisa started having lunches and
coffees with everyone she knew.
- Finally she got the advice to just start doing a thing she
thought she might love, and do it for free, while paying attention
to how it made her feel.
- She tried to do more things that she found
- She's a huge fan of Audible.com.
- When your brain is engaged in something creative and
inspirational, the rest of your brain lights up.
- Cynthia's big positive shift happened when she realized
corporate life wasn't her "everything."
- How it's totally normal to not know what your passion
- What does a good life look like? What would it feel like?
- Key question to ask: What it something you did that made you
feel really, really proud?
- Just because you're good at something, doesn't mean you love
- Telling people that they can do anything, DOES add a lot of
pressure to someone.
- If you have a bunch of side hustles, you don't necessarily need
to pick just one.
- Look for a "money job" that will give you the flexibility to
find your dream job.
- Try the Gallup Strength
- What to tell people who might not understand your quest for an
- What we should tell our kids instead of "you can do
- Book Recommendations: Brene Brown's Daring
Greatly and Amy Cuddy's Presence
- The key to inspiration is that you'll know if it's working in
the first thirty seconds.
Connect with Lisa:
Here's to Getting Unstuck,
This week's healthy
episode is sponsored by Wellness by Cynthia. Wellness by
Cynthia is my own site and blog where I educate and dish about my
favorite wellness products, tips, and experiences. Check it
BONUS: If you enroll as a Young Living essential oils rewards
member, I’ll give you $10 towards your second order when you
contact me and mention the code “Goal Magic.”
Intro Music: We are One by Vexento
We Are One by Vexento
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/Ssvu2yncgWU
Outro music: Nostalgia by Tobu